Within this site you will find reviews and information on some of the top RPG video games ever made. This includes old and new RPG videos games.
It’s Not Just About the Recommendation
Here at Top RPG Games, it’s not all about whether the game is something I personally would recommend or would enjoy. Instead, I am going to dive into the different aspects of the game. Is it an action RPG? Does it rely heavily on the story? If so, is the story interesting or super slow? Is there strong progression?
My goal is, after reading my reviews you will be able to make a decision for yourself whether or not you would like this RPG instead of having to rely on my “Recommendation”. It’s important to note that even though I am trying to not give straight yes or no to the game in a recommendation since. Everything that is written on these reviews will still be my opinion.
Understanding the Grading Process
When I review a RPG game I always look at certain aspects of the game. Here is a list of what I look for and will be grading each game on as well as what they mean.
- Is the game action packed or is it a bit dull in the adrenaline department?
- Is the combat fun or am I just joining the assembly line every time?
- Is the progression smooth and on par with what we would expect or is it a bit slow and requires some real grinding to push through?
- Over The Top Game Play
- Is it somewhat “realistic” or are we throwing cars at a building?
- Story interest
- Does the story keep you engaged and looking for what’s going to happen next or are you still wondering where the story starts?
- Story Progression
- Does the story move well or do we forget what was going on when we finally get an update?
- Can we be a clown with a flame thrower or do we need plate mail and an axe?
- Are we attacking a giant eraser with legs or is it actually a pig?
- Memorable NPC
- “Did he just say that?” or “Isn’t this the same guy I just killed 5 minutes ago?”
Within these categories I will try to give you an idea of what to expect when you play the game. This is a judgment free zone though, so, if you like the assembly line combat so be it. At least with this review you will have an idea what to expect and you can then make a more informed decision when trying to pick which RPG game you will be spending the next 60 hours of your life in!
The Recommendation is Still There
In the end this is all opinion based. What I may consider boring combat maybe adrenaline pumping mayhem to someone else. So, even though I am trying to give you a good idea of what to expect when playing the game it is still just my idea of what the game has to offer.
“To long, Didn’t read”
All reviews will have a short section at the bottom (will have a jump link to it at the top) that summarizes the review for those of you out there without enough time to read the full review. The TL:DR section for this post is that all reviews will have a grading structures to try to give you an idea of what to expect when playing the game. For example, the grading structure might let you know if the game is a heavy action packed game with minimal story elements or an awesome story with insane customization.
Your Opinion Matters!
This is probably one of the most important points I can make on this post. Everything that happens on this site will be driven by you! I would like to get to a point where I no longer select the games that will be reviewed. Instead, you will select the games you want reviewed and we will make it happen. So what games do you want to see reviewed? Do you like this grading structure? Would you add or take away a category? Please let me know the answer to these questions and ask any other questions in the comments below. Thanks!